Effective date: April 1, 2019
Our Commitment to Privacy
Information You Provide to Us: In a few areas on our site, we ask you to provide personally identifiable information that will enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain information, materials and services available from our site, to enable us to enhance your site visit, or to otherwise support your customer relationship with LOMB. It is completely optional for you to participate in these areas of the site. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) is any information that can identify or is identifiable to a specific individual, such as a person’s name, email address, mailing address (including ZIP code), phone number and credit card information. Personal Information is collected when you purchase season passes or products or services via the site; register for email communication; subscribe to a newsletter; request to be added to our mailing lists; register for sweepstakes; contests and other promotional opportunities; or provide feedback in an online survey.
INFORMATION USE, SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
As described in detail below, we may use the information we collect, such as your Personal Information in many ways, including sending you promotional materials. In addition, as outlined below, you may unsubscribe or “opt-out” of certain uses of your Personal Information.
Use of Your Information:
- Personal Information: We will use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, if you provide Personal Information to purchase a season pass at the Sites, register for email communication, enter a contest, or purchase products or services, we will use it to register you for or provide you with those products or services. Subject to your ability to unsubscribe or “opt-out” of certain uses of your Personal Information, we may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information about features, products or services and other offers from our sponsors, partners, and the like that we think may be of interest to you. This information may be sent to you by postal mail, email or other means. Under certain circumstances we may post some of your Personal Information on the Sites (for example – if you win a contest we may post your first name, city and state where you live on the Sites).
- Anonymous Information: We may also use information in anonymous, aggregate (“Anonymous Information”) form for purposes of research or analysis. In order to better understand and serve our guests and the users of the Sites, we often conduct research on our guest demographics, interests and behavior based on Anonymous Information we gather. Although this Anonymous Information may be based in part on Personal Information, it does not identify you personally. We may use Anonymous Information for advertising and promotional purposes and administration of the Sites.
- Advertising: We may also enter into agreements with third parties that possess technology that allows the Sites to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on the Sites and on other websites. Information collected through cookies (described above) or similar technology may be shared with these third parties for this purpose. The Sites may use Google Analytics to optimize our Sites based on the traffic we receive and assist with marketing.
- Other Purposes: We may also use information we collect to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services, to enforce our Terms and Conditions and communicate with users.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Administrative Purposes: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf such as hosting specific portions of the Sites, maintaining databases, administering sweepstakes, mailing information and processing payments. When we employ a third party to perform these functions, that third party will only be provided with the particular Personal Information it needs to perform its function, and is required to protect the Personal Information.
- Marketing Purposes: We may share information we collect, including Personal Information with our third party service providers who help us advertise our products and services to users.
- Other Disclosures: In addition, we may disclose Personal Information to: (i) protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of LOMB or its employees, agents and contractors; (ii) protect the safety and security of our guests; (iii) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (iv) respond to inquiries or requests from public authorities; or (v) comply with the law or legal process.
YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE OR “OPT-OUT” OF RECEIVING FURTHER MARKETING FROM LOMB AT ANY TIME
If you have previously provided Personal Information to the LOMB and have subscribed to one or more email newsletters or are receiving emails or other communications from the Sites and you no longer wish to receive such emails, please discontinue your subscriptions by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message. If you ask that we stop using your Personal Information, we will honor that request. However, we will retain records of your Personal Information as needed in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
You must be at least 13 years old to have our permission to use this Site. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parent’s or guardian’s permission.
LOMB takes reasonable security precautions designed to secure the Personal Information that you choose to provide against the loss, misuse, alteration, or unauthorized access of such Personal Information. Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of LOMB to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Land of Make Believe
P.O. Box 295
Hope, NJ 07844